Cummins Inline 6 is a replacement for an older Cummins Inline 5 diagnostic adapter. It’s a latest diagnostic equipment designed for maintenance of compatible Cummins engines. Cummins Inline 6 shipped with Cummins Insite diagnostic software (version 7.6, there is also PowerSpec, and Calterm III software included). This powerful hardware and software package is the best what you can get on the market for your Cummins engine workshop.
Cummins Inline 6 diagnostic kit is capable of making a connection to the electronic control modules of supported engines by SAE J1708/J1587 data link, and two CAN/J1939 data protocols. On the other hand, you can connect it to your PC by USB (Universal Serial Bus) and COM port (RS-232) connections.
Cummins Inline 6 has a compact design and easy to transport if you need it on the road. It is ideal for any Cummins workshop or maintenance and diagnostic professional. Inline 6 comes with a basic kit of adapters that is necessary if you want to connect it to the almost all Cummins engines. We need to mention that Inline 6 requires RP1210 compliant software and it works perfectly with Insite 7.5 version. However, older versions are not compatible.
Cummins INLINE 6 kit features
- Supports SAE J1708/J1587 and J1939/CAN data links
- Both CAN ports auto detect between 250 & 500 kbps
- Supports USB full speed port at up to 2M baud rate
- Custom USB cable includes thumbscrews for secure mounting to INLINE 6
- Supports RS-232 PC serial port at up to 115.2k baud rate
- Is fully compliant with TMC’s RP1210 standard
- Small enough to fit in pocket
- Attractive black powder coated aluminum housing provides ruggedness
- Derives 8 V to 50 V DC power from vehicle
- Controlled by advanced 140 MHz 32-bit Freescale processor for maximum speed and performance
- Internal Flash memory allows firmware upgradeability
- Includes 6 LEDs to indicate status of power, USB, RS-232, J1708/J1587, and two CAN communication ports
- Both CAN ports support SAE J1939, SAE J2534, and ISO 15765 protocols
- INLINE 6 is certified to meet European CE requirements
- Rated for -40° to +85° C operating temperature
- INLINE 6 meets rigorous Cummins in-cab environmental test requirements